In order to clear a heavily wooded land, it is best to do so in an organized manner. So, where do you start? Well you have to:
- Check out the layout of the land. Know where utilities cables and pipes are located on your land. You do not want to be tripping, cutting, or destroying someone else’s property. Knowing the layout of your land also allows you to assess the risks that exist on your land such as big stones, how does the water flow on your land (this is to prevent flooding) etc.
- Plan. Now that you are familiar with the layout of your land, plan your course of action. What trees you want to cut, where are you going to place access to you property, and what permits needed for the work that you are going to do? Having a plan on what to do with your property will not only save you time but you will also save on expenses for avoiding unnecessary work.
- Determine what machineries are needed. There are mini excavators, a mulcher or wood chipper plant or add-on, a stump grinder, and a removal truck. The machinery that you will need depends on the vegetation, trees, rock, or boulders that you will remove from your property. In this regard, you must also be able to identify what type of contractor you will need. Will you go for the traditional way of clearing land? Or would you prefer a forestry mulching contractor?
A forestry mulching contractor utilizes a forestry mulcher or masticator. This machine grinds vegetation in smaller pieces and leaves it on the soil which inadvertently provides the following advantages:
Prevents Erosion. The traditional clearing method uses slash and burn techniques in order to clear and prepare the land for agricultural purposes. Yes, it does fertilize the land but burning vegetation residues after slashing expose the soil surface to direct contact with rain. Exposed soil surface erodes easily with rainfall impact leaving gullies on your field. Erosion takes away the fertile topsoil of your field. Moreso, you expose the soils and wind can easily erode them too.
Less Expensive. It uses a single machine. Less operational tools, less costs.
- Execution. Now that you have your plan and identified the resources that you need to proceed by removing the largest hurdles, remove whole trees, and then their stumps. Lastly, clear away branches, sticks, and brush.
In clearing your land, Jonesboro Jack Land Clearing can provide you any assistance that you may need.
They perform the following services:
- Reclamation, viewscape, recreational field,
park, campground, perimeter and overgrowth clearing
- Pond clearing and maintenance
- Golf course creation and maintenance
- Commercial property maintenance
- Site preparation, right-of-way and lot clearing
- Vegetation management
- Storm damage and disaster cleanup
- Wildfire prevention
These services include:
- Stump removal
- Stump grinding
- Site preparation
- Fence row cleanup
- Fenceline clean up
- Residential lot clearing
Jonesboro Jack Land Clearing is accessible to anyone living in Memphis Tennessee, Little Rock Arkansas, Pocahontas Arkansas, Pigott Arkansas, Baitsville Arkansas, Paragould Arkansas, Lake city Arkansas, Kennett Missouri, Osceola Arkansas, Blytheville Arkansas, Jonesboro Arkansas.